Thursday 15 October 2009

Chicken Stock

This is does not technically count as one of the recipes, as there's no recipe list in the book, but seeing as i made it, I might as well record it. I didn't have most of the vegetables that Nigella suggests, but i'm not sure it matters. I also added in the left over gravy.

- Put the chicken carcass into a large pan together with celery, 1 carrot, 1 onion, a clove, some peppercorns, a bouquet garni, parsley stalks and the white of a leek.
- Cover with water, add some salt and simmer for 3 hours.
- Strain off the froth and scum as it rises to the surface.

The problem now comes of storing it. Nigella though suggests freezing in a freezer bag, inside a jug, and then removing the jug when its frozen. I just don't have space in my freezer to do things like that. I immediately went out and bought lots of tuppaware to store it in - stackable tuppaware rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment